Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tombs @ the Pantheon

When I was inside the Pantheon, admiring the beauty of the architecture, I paid closer attention to what was around the room rather than glancing around and snapping a picture. On my first trip to Rome, I mostly just toured things without researching the amazing artifacts inside and around the places. This time, I am learning more specific things about the historic places by reading and being aware of the artifacts. Inside the Pantheon at Piazza Della Rotonda, two of Italy's kings are honored by tombs. The tomb I found the most striking is Vittorio Imanuele's; however, if you read my previous blog on him, you would find out that it is not surprising his tomb is so extravagant. The black really stands out from all the lighter marble around the interior of the Pantheon. Other tombs inside include that of famous Renaissance artist Raphael and Baldassare Peruzzi. I can spend so much time in the Pantheon. This single space has so much to look at and learn about.

No comments:

Post a Comment