Monday, June 15, 2009

Spremute, I love you.

Beyond all the delicious wines and cocktails in Italy, spremuta is my favorite drink here. This delicious drink is the freshly squeezed juice of either oranges, lemons, or grapefruits. I have found this lovely drink at most bars around the city. In some of the supermercati, you can find some in a jug, but obviously this will not be as fresh as the juice you watch the barrista squeeze or make in the juicer at a bar.

I have tried the freshly squeezed orange juice from Rome to Florence and I decided that my favorite juice so far was squeezed at Caffe' Delle Arance. This cafe was my favorite for a number of reasons. Located in the Piazza of Santa Maria in Trastevere, it was beautifully decorated on the exterior with large hanging mirrors and a vibrant display of citrus fruits in baskets and hanging on the walls. For 7 euro I ordered a spremute and enjoyed every drop. To the left is a picture of myself at the cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment